Experience Rock Climbing
Revelstoke, Penticton (Skaha), Squamish & Desert SW.
Level: Beginner 1/2 day OR 1-Day Climbing Course
Have you always wanted to try rock-climbing or introduce the kids to the sport in a safe and fun way? Let our guides ensure that you have a great day (or half-day) out at the crags.
This is the perfect course for anyone wanting to get try out rock-climbing to see what all the excitement is about. We will make sure you have all the basics for safety, but want to get you on the rock and climbing as much as possible so that you can experience the exhilaration for yourself and check out the views from the vertical world.
Rates & Details:
Ratio: Min 2 / Max 6 (w/ 2nd guide)
Itinerary: 8:30am - 4:30pm
**No Previous Climbing experience is required. You should be reasonably fit and able to hike 3 km, however rock climbing takes far less strength than people think!
At the end of the course participants will have the skills to be a safe team member in a climbing day. They will know how to set up and evaluate a top-rope anchor, how to belay & have a host of climbing skills.
Sample Itinerary & Skills Covered
Day 1: Intro to rock climbing
- Hazard Assessment at the crag.
- Basic bouldering and un-roped climbing movement.
- Review of climbing fundamentals: gear strength & proper use of all gear,
- Introduction to the top-rope belaying system with emphasis on safe, efficient belaying.
- Climbing practice and skill development.
- Guide Books and route strategy for safe successful lead climbing.
- Day 2: Developing lead techniques
- Anchor construction and cleaning.
- Rappelling and methods to protect oneself.
- More work on rock climbing strategy, reading a route, managing anxiety / stress, and how to handle tricky situations .
- Top belaying, multi-pitch climbing, and repelling.
- Simple rescue / problem solving: Escaping a belay.
Optional - Add a 3rd Day for multi-pitch climbing
- Consider extending your climbing course by adding a 3rd day for integrating the skills learned into a multi-pitch climbing adventure. Prices start at $500 / day for 1 pax OR $285 per person for 2. Max 2 people.