Experience Rock Climbing
Revelstoke, Penticton (Skaha), Squamish & Desert SW.
Level: Beginner 1/2 day OR 1-Day Climbing Course
Have you always wanted to try rock-climbing or introduce the kids to the sport in a safe and fun way? Let our guides ensure that you have a great day (or half-day) out at the crags.
This is the perfect course for anyone wanting to get try out rock-climbing to see what all the excitement is about. We will make sure you have all the basics for safety, but want to get you on the rock and climbing as much as possible so that you can experience the exhilaration for yourself and check out the views from the vertical world.
Rates & Details:
Ratio: Min 2 / Max 6 (w/ 2nd guide)
Itinerary: 8:30am - 4:30pm
**No Previous Climbing experience is required. Rock climbing takes far less strength than people think!
Sample Itinerary & Skills Covered
Start Time: 9 am (later is also ok)
- Hazard Assessment at the crag.
- Basic bouldering and un-roped climbing movement.
- Review of climbing fundamentals: gear strength & proper use of all gear,
- Introduction to the top-rope belaying system with emphasis on safe, efficient belaying.
- Climbing practice and skill development.
- Emphasis on these programs is to provide you and any kids interested in climbing a fun and safe introduction to climbing.
End Time: 1pm for 1/2 day & 4pm for Full day.
Note: we can customize your Climbing Experience to:
- Accommodate young children (3-6 year olds) with their first ever climbing or bouldering experience,
- Build climbing skills while encouraging play and fun with all children (7-12 year olds),
- Challenge teenagers with more dynamic climbing,
- Push young adults to their develop their athletic skills, or
- help an adult work through their "fear-of-heights".
Full Day of Rock-Climbing (9am-5pm)
1 person: $500
2 people: $550 or $225 each
3 people: $600 or $200 each
4 people: $660 or $165 each
5 or more people: $700 (++) or $140 each
Half-Day of Rock-Climbing (9am-1pm)
1 person: $300
2 people: $330 or $165 each
3 people: $360 or $120 each
4 people: $400 or $100 each
5 or more people: $420 (++) or $84 each
++ Groups larger than 5 can be booked at custom pricing & may require a second guide / qualified assistant.
To provide a fun and safe introduction to the sport of rock-climbing.